Based in the White Mountain region of Northern New Hampshire, Above the Notch is a non-profit Humane Society servicing the Littleton, Bethlehem, Franconia, Sugar Hill, Easton, and Lisbon regions of NH. ATNHS seeks to provide assistance to needy animals via food, shelter, socialization and veterinary care; to the community with adoption support, and animal care education,; and support other area animal shelters and rescue leagues by assisting with their programs and needs.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Richard Larcom – President
- Nancy Cooper – Vice President
- Bobbe McIntyre – Secretary
- Pamela Yarosh – Treasurer
- Jim Price
- Linda Copson
- Frank Mellacci
General Mission: Above the Notch Humane Society is a humane society that exists to provide protection for unwanted or abused animals in Littleton and the surrounding areas of northern New Hampshire and Vermont. The Society also has a responsibility for public education in the areas of animal care and welfare.
MEANS FOR ACCOMPLISHING THE MISSION
1. Ongoing Programs:
- Assist in the placement of stray or unwanted animals.
- Provide medical treatment for stray or abused animals.
- Sponsor obedience classes for behavior management of pets.
- Promote regular low-cost spay/neuter and rabies clinics.
- Develop working relationships with local veterinarians.
- Support foster care where appropriate.
2. Long Range Planning:
If practical, future plans may include building a shelter to house homeless animals.
- Neuter/spay clinics
- Open House
- Behavior Training
- Foster Care